- Event: 2018 XIUGULUAN RIVER RAFTING TRIATHLON
- Date: Saturday, June 10th, 2018
If the event can not be run on time due to the natural disaster, such as typhoon or earthquakes, it will be postponed to June 24th on Sunday.
- Registration Dates: Until May 4th, 2018 Friday at 23.59.59
- Event Venue: Start Point: Xiuguluan River Visitor Center, Ruisui Township, Hualien County, Taiwan (R.O.C.) / Finish point: Changhong Bridge Square, Fengbin Township, Hualien County, Taiwan (R.O.C.) (Around 68 K point on Provincial Highway 11)
- Starting time: Saturday, 10th June, 2018 when firing a pistol at 06.30
- Application Requirement: All Participants must be in good health to register for the race events.
Participants for Marathon and Half Marathon must be 16 years of age or older. It needs to attach the Letter of Guarantee for the event by parents if he/she is under the age of 20. ( Download )
- Advisor: Tourism Bureau, Republic of China (Taiwan)
- Organizer: East Coast National Scenic Area, Tourism Bureau, Republic of China (Taiwan) (ECASA Headquarters)
- Co-organizer: Taitung County Government, Hualien County Government, Taitung County Police Office, Hualien County Police Office, Changbin Township Office, Ruisui Township Office, Fengbin Township Office
- Implementer: Body Marketing Co.
- Distance & Categories:
Event Triathlon Triathlon Mixed Relay Duathlon Triathlon Team
Rafting Only Description Rafting 11K
Road Running 12.6K
- Triathlon Relay (2 to 3 people)
- Organization shall provide shuttle service for transition area competitors; runners shall be served the shuttle service from Ruisui to Chimei in transition area; cyclists shall be served the shuttle service from Ruisui to Changhong Bridge
- Contesters who go rafting and biking must be two different people due to the shuttle service system.
Road Running 12.6K
- Eight people as a team, and the grade of the last one shall be recorded as the final record of the whole team.
- Top3 teams shall be awarded.
- The team challenge shall not affect personal record and eligibility.
Rafting 24K Time Limit 【Triathlon/ Triathlon Mixed Relay / Triathlon Team Challenge】Rafting 2Hr+Road Running 2Hr+Biking 2.5Hr, 6.5Hr in total
【Duathlon/ Duathlon Team Chanllenge】Rafting 2Hr+Road Running 2Hr, 4Hr in total
5 Hr Entry Fee NT$2500 NT$3300 NT$1500 NT$18400 NT$10400 NT$1,000 NT$500 Timing Chip Deposit NT$4000 Timing Chip Deposit FREE Timing Timing Chip (Return your Bib number and deposit will be returned) No Timing Gathering Point Xiuguluan River Visitor Center (If the Triathlon Mixed Relay need to take the shuttle bus, please go to visitor centre) Check in time 5am 6am Remarks
- Participants with physical condition during the competition shall follow the advice from the referee and drop out of the competition immediately.
- Participants who fail to pass the transition area, respectively, the referee reserves the right to disqualify the participants, and participants shall not have the rights to protest such a decision.
- 1. Cancellation requests before registration deadline, full entry fee will be refunded ( 30 NTD bank transition fee will be deducted and register system charge will not be refunded )
- Cancellation requests after 2018/5/11 will not be eligible for any refund.
- Registration is not transferrable to other distances, age groups, or future events.
- The event organizer owns the right to cancel or postpone the event for safety concerns. Participants get 20% of the entry fee (register system charge will not be refunded)
- Refund process will be completed by 29th June. If you haven’t checked your refund on 2nd June, please call: +886 2 55915658 ext 23 MS Lin
- Click here for refund
- Age Groups：
Age Groups for Triathlon & Duathlon Group Description Years of Birth Group Description Years of Birth M16 Male 16-25-year-old 1993-2002 F16 Female 16-25-year-old 1993-2002 M26 Male 26-35-year-old 1983-1992 F26 Female 26-35-year-old 1983-1992 M36 Male 36-45-year-old 1973-1982 F36 Female 36-45-year-old 1973-1982 M46 Male 46-55-year-old 1963-1972 F46 Female 46-year-old and above 1972 and before 1972 M56 Male 56-year-old and above 1953 and Before 1953 Groups of Triathlon Mixed Relay Group Age Limit Group of Male Males who Given birth before 2002 Group of Female Females who Given birth before 2002 Mixed Participants who Given birth before 2002
- Event Schedule：
Time Activity Location 05:00-06:00 Welcome Media/Race Description Xiuguluan River Visitor Center 06:00-06:10 Opening Ceremony 06:10-06:20 Introducing Guests 06:20-06:29 Race Briefing and Participants Gathering 06:30 The Ironman set up and start the contest 07:30 Group of rafting set up and start the contest 10:00-13:00 Rolling down Ceremony, Band Show and get a lucky draw Changhong Bridge Square 13:00 Ending
- Prize money & Awards：
A. General Contest:
1st Place 2nd Place 3rd Place Prize Money or Equivalent Product 5,000 3,000 2,000 1. Prize Money or equivalent awards shall be awarded to the top3 overall Triathlon, Triathlon Mixed Relay, Duathlon. Participant whose record is qualified for the Top 3 ranking will not be awarded additional prizes for the separate age group awards.
2. Top3 age groups of Triathlon, Triathlon Mixed Relay and Duathlon shall be awarded trophies. Note: Only top2 finishers will be awarded if the number of participants are under 30 in the separate age group.
3. Group of Rafting will neither timing nor awarded.
4. Award-Winners have to bring photocopy of ID and passbook, in the meanwhile, please fill a receipt and follow tax regulations.
B. Team Championship:
Group 1st Place 2nd Place 3rd Place Triathlon team Championship 5,000 3,000 2,000 Duathlon Team Championship 5,000 3,000 2,000 1. Cash prizes or equivalent awards shall be awarded to the top3 overall Triathlon Team Championship and Duathlon Team Championship.
2. Award-Winners have to bring photocopy of ID and passbook, in the meanwhile, please fill a receipt and follow tax regulations.
C. Rafting Only Contest:
1st Place 2nd Place 3rd Place Prize Money 8000 4800 3200 1. Top 3 of Rafting Only groups will be awarded with prize money and medals.
2. Award-Winners have to bring photocopy of ID and passbook, in the meanwhile, please fill a receipt and follow tax regulations.
3. If checking-in as a single person or under 8 people, the organizer will fill in the vacancies with other people as a group.
- Please register via post with post fee and registration fee.
- Register kit shall be sent by T-cat; fee shows below:
Number of people 1-2p 3-5p 6-20p 21-50p 51-100p 101-200p 201-300p 301por over Post Fee NT100 NT300 NT600 NT800 NT1,500 NT2,000 NT2,500 NT3,000
- Register supplies will be dispatched estimate on May 23th, please re-confirm home address. Please do not fill in with P.O.BOX, and address within Taiwan only. If you did not receive register supplies, please call the implementer (Body Marketing Co.; (02)-5591-5658-23; service time: 10am-18pm, Monday-Friday)
- Please re-confirm delivery information is correct. Organization will not dispatch register kit again if the address is incorrect or fail to deliver. After the event, please bring your bib number to Body Marketing Co. while collect register kit within a week during service time (from 11th June to 15th June between 10.00-17.30), the register kit will be forfeited if participants fail to collect. (No.92-1, Baozhong Rd., Xindian Dist., New Taipei City 231, Taiwan(R.O.C.); (02)-55915658-23)
- When receive the race kit which means that participants have already completed the registration, participants shall enter the venue directly on race day.
- Please keep you bib number and timing chip carefully when completing registration, otherwise, participants will be disqualified.
- Notes for Registration：
- Please bear in mind that each person can only apply for a program or a group; registration with more than one program or one group is prohibited.
- Please fill the register information correctly, it is not allowed to change program once participants complete the registration. (please refer to the refund instructions if needed)
- The registration is uncompleted if participants do not finish either the registration procedure or registration fee.
- If there is any question, please call: (02)-5591-5658-23 (service time: Monday-Friday between 10.00-18.00)
- Notes for competition：
- Please have a nice dream the night before to remain the best physical condition on race day.
- Please do not attend the contest without eating and finish your meal 2 hours before ironman contest.
the record of contest will be cancelled if participants disobey the following regulations.
- Receiving assistance from another person during the competition.
- Attending different registered program/group or using false ID information.
- Violation of the spirit of the sport events. (fighting, insulting referee…)
- Not wearing the racing bib number in front of chest or timing chip.
- Not wearing the wristband to proof that whether participants pass the turning point which should be placed on the wrist in order to determined race ranking by referee.
- Competition disputes: competitors may not dispute the referee during the race competition.
- Dispute procedure:any dispute concerning the competition should be brought to the organizers attention within 30 minutes after releasing results, in the meanwhile, a deposit of NT$1,000 must be submitted to contest department. If the judges of the review committee conclude that the dispute is not justified, then the NT$1,000 deposit shall be forfeited.
- Notes for Timing：
- Gun times shall be used for calculating the race times as well as for the placing results.
- Timing chip:
1. The competition uses the timing of chip timing system as the grade results. The starting time is the firing of the starting pistol firing, and the record shall be used for determining the ranking and results of participants. The competition results and ranking shall be based on the results released by the organization.
2. Please make sure that the chip is wearing in the right area as official website mentioned, please refer to the official website.
3. Participants are responsible for making sure that ship shall be fastened in proper. If participants lost their chip, they shall be disqualified.
4. The organization has the right to forfeit or discarded any results in which participants have not crossed the starting line whining 10 minutes after the race has officially started.
5. Timing chips are accountable for timing. Please make sure you pass the sensor spot and the timing chip are tagged by the sensor. Otherwise, the result won’t be recorded and you will be disqualified.
6. It is forbidden to exchange chips, wear another person’s chips or wear more than one chips, and any such violation will be disqualified the participants from the race.
- Special Attention：
- The organization reserves the right to revise the contest regulations above, and shall be released on official website.
- The event adopts “Assembly Time”as final record.
- Please fasten the timing chip properly according to the rules on official website.
- Please start the competition on time, the referees reserve the right to disqualify participants who fail to pass the closing point, and the results shall not be recorded.
- Participants with physical condition during the contest, please stop the competition immediately, and carry with health insurance card or any relative certifications.
- Please follow the referee’s instructions during the contest and read the contest regulations carefully.
- Please dispose the disposable cup into garbage can when passing supply station.
- The organization will take into account all factors, such as typhoons or other possible naturally disasters for the safety of all participants, to decide whether cancelled or changed to alternative routes, and participants do not have the rights to protest such a decision. It shall be released on official website one day before the event only.
- The organizers have the copyright for all the video images, photo images and the contest results.
- The organizers have the right to change the event contents at any time. The latest news shall be released and updated on the official website only.
- Notes for insurance：
Dear Runner,Public Accident Insurance Coverage:
Doing exercise is the important factor to keeping healthy, please assess your health condition on the day. Please have a nicely and enough sleep one day before the event, in the meanwhile, finish your meal 2 hours before the race. The emergency medical care will be provided on site. The organizing committee do not have the responsibility of sudden death or accidents resulting from personal illness and physical factors. Symptoms caused by personal illnesses will not be insured, and only injuries suffered from public accident are liable for public accident insurance compensation. If it is necessary, runners can insured travel insurance by yourself.
- When the insured is legally obligated to indemnify a third party during the period of insurance, the insured is responsible for any property damage, physical injury or death; and when receives a claim in connection therewith, the Body Marketing CO. is liable to provide indemnification.
- any occurrence in respect of the places specified in the schedule through the negligence or fault of the insured or his employees whilst engaged in the course of the operation described in the schedule hereto, or
- Accident occurred due to the Insured passing by constructions, tunnels, machines and other working site along the running course.
- Injuries cause by personal illness.
- Symptoms as a result of personal health or cardiovascular symptoms, such as shock, heart disease, diabetes, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, high altitude syndrome, epilepsy, and dehydration, etc.
- Shall the participants have history of personal illness or diseases set out in clause B, please consider your health condition and safety, and insured personal medical and accident insurance.
- Unknown pain in chest
- Unknown difficulty breathing
- Unknown dizzy or headache
- The Lose of consciousness
- High blood pressure(>140/90mmHg)
- Heart disease
- Abnormal renal function
- A history of family heart disease (immediate family had a heart attack or sudden death before 60 years old)
- Participant Declaration：
I(including all members of the group) hereby promise that I’m in a good condition and have no history of any disease. I will think carefully before participating in the competition if I had unknown pain in chest, have difficulty breathing, high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, asthma. And I take full responsibility for any accident that was caused by my disease or any of my own intentional behaviour.
All the personal information collected will be used on a respectful basis. The purposes of collecting your personal information are as follow:
- to convey any PR message
- in order to assure the eligibility and the rights of participants. Few personal information is needed for this event, such as name, date of birth, ID, email address and residential address, etc. This information will only be used for the lottery and associated events. The collected information will only be stored as electronic or hard copies in the Body Marketing CO. and served as resources for Body Marketing CO. and its external co-operators. Detailed information about the use of your personal information can be acquired via email or telephone.
The collection and use of personal information is restricted under “Manage of personal information policy” of Body Marketing CO.. You can inquire about your personal information, require a copy, ask to correct and require termination of the collection and the use of your personal information by Personal Information Protection Act. (Tel:02-5591-5658＃23; service time: 10:00-18:00 Mon-Fri)
You have the rights not to provide your personal information to Body Marketing CO.; however, this will result in failure of verifying your identity and follow-up processing. If you provide someone else’s personal information, you agree and realise that you have the responsibility to inform them of their rights and have their consent. All rights reserved by Body Marketing CO. and if there is change about this event, the update information can be accessed via the website of Body Marketing CO..